These cookies are amazing. I came up with them last night and I’ve already proclaimed them my favorite cookie of all time. Which, coming from a girl who could potentially live off of desserts is really saying something. The almond flour gives them chew and more substance than white flour could ever give (also making them gluten-free!). The pistachios give them a crunchy note and the brown sugar creates a crusty exterior while the inside of these cookies stays moist and fluffy. Seriously addictive.
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoons vanilla
1 tsp pistachio extract
1/4 cup butter + 2 tbsp, softened (leave it out for 5 minutes)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup pistachios, chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (177 c) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg and sugar until the color of the mixture becomes much lighter and doubles in size.
- Add in extracts and butter, beating slowly to incorporate
- Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl and add to wet, folding gently to incorporate.
- Once incorporated, using a small ice-cream scoop or melon scooper place about 2 tbsp of dough on your baking sheet leaving room for the cookies to spread.
- Bake 14-15 minutes, or until golden brown around edges. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes and then serve with coffee or tea.