These cookies are inspired by my recent trip to Istanbul, Turkey, where I basically lived on tahini pastries, including these cookies which are perfectly crumbly, salty, sweet and addictive.
1 1/4 cup white-whole-wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
1/2 cup tahini
1/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1/2 cup honey
1 tbsp cinnamon + 1 tbsp sugar to finish
- Mix the last four ingredients as well as the walnuts in a large bowl, then sift in the flour, baking powder and salt, stirring the mixture as you sift. At this point, the dough should be rather dry and a little crumbly.
- Cover and chill the dough in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Dump out the dough onto a floured surface and start rolling little balls, making about 20.
- Put them onto an oiled sheet or parchment paper and press down lightly to flatten.
- Set your oven to 178C and bake for about 13 minutes.
- Dust with cinnamon sugar mixture and cool completely before removing from pan.